Friday, September 30, 2011

Day 25 (Sept. 27th) – Ein Umfall

Day 25 (Sept. 27th) – While driving out of Salzburg, we had a small accident. 
We were stopped at a stop light, 2 lanes turned right and one left.  After the light turned green, I started to move forward, however, in the lane to the right of me there was a semi-truck waiting to go forward.  His mirror was over in my lane, and when I started to drive forward, I hit his left mirror.  The mirror was fine, but the bottom plastic was plastic part was ripped back.

The truck driver was nice.  I drove behind him to his office and filled out an accident report.  My vehicle has a 1,200€ deductible insurance that I was charged when I rented the RV.  I have no idea how much it will cost to replace.  Several years ago, it cost $400 to replace one of the mirrors on our van. 
In the big scheme of things, if this is all that goes wrong, we are lucky.
Truck with broken mirror


No comments: